Blue Couch Digital is a global technical agency that delivers large and complex online solutions for top-tier clients. Our head office is in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, with software development groups in Timișoara, Romania and Belgrade, Serbia. We focus on all things web, with a preference for mobile, CMS-backed, localized solutions.
Our team is expanding rapidly. We have openings for all kinds of talented developers, testers, and project managers to help our team deliver complex online solutions such as mobile and CMS implementations as well as custom software development. While we prefer that you have a background in programming or computer science, being open and willing to learn is also important. As web technologies are constantly changing, our team attitude is all about creating and sharing knowledge.
If you are smart, enjoy taking on challenges and working with cutting edge technology, then we would love to hear from you. We offer flexible working hours, challenging projects for major global clients, and competitive starting salaries with performance bonuses. We also offer a productive and fun working environment with free lunch daily, off-site team building events, attendance at conferences and training courses, and beer Fridays once a month.
We are currently looking for a QA engineer to join our team in Timisoara or Belgrade. You will be part of Blue Couch Digital’s team developing software on a wide variety of projects. Responsibilities:
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Work directly with internal end users, exercising excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to present ideas and work through new designs using an interactive approach
- Solve issues independently, thus, strong analytical skills are essential for success
- Proven working experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Basic OOP programming skills
- Good spoken and written English skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus