Blue Couch Digital is a global technical agency that delivers large and complex online solutions for top-tier clients. Our head office is in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, with software development groups in Timișoara, Romania and Belgrade, Serbia. We focus on all things web, with a preference for mobile, CMS-backed, localized solutions.
Our team is expanding rapidly. We have openings for all kinds of talented developers, testers, and project managers to help our team deliver complex online solutions such as mobile and CMS implementations as well as custom software development. While we prefer that you have a background in programming or computer science, being open and willing to learn is also important. As web technologies are constantly changing, our team attitude is all about creating and sharing knowledge.
If you are smart, enjoy taking on challenges and working with cutting edge technology, then we would love to hear from you. We offer flexible working hours, challenging projects for major global clients, and competitive starting salaries with performance bonuses. We also offer a productive and fun working environment with free lunch daily, off-site team building events, attendance at conferences and training courses, and beer Fridays once a month.
We are currently looking for a QA Lead to join our team in Timisoara. You will be part of Blue Couch Digital’s team developing software on a wide variety of projects. Responsabilities:
- Configure test environments
- Review functional and design specifications
- Write test plans and other high level documents
- Perform functional testing, UI testing, smoke tests, exploratory testing, regression testing, etc.
- Identify, investigate and track potential quality issues
- Write, maintain, improve and execute manual or automated test cases
- Report test results, write defect reports and verify defect fixes
- Communicate and collaborate with clients and team-members
- Work directly with internal end users, exercising excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to present ideas and work through new designs using an interactive approach
- Solve issues independently, thus, strong analytical skills are essential for success
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- At least 3 years experience in testing web-based applications on PCs and Macs
- Experience with both manual and automated testing of web applications and mobile web-based applications
- Solid knowledge of testing principles, concepts and techniques
- Hands-on experience with bug tracking systems (e.g. JIRA)
- Exposure to Agile methodology
- Basic OOP programming skills and web concepts
- Accountable, punctual, self-motivated
- Ability to work both part as a team as well as independently
- Fast learner and detail oriented
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Creative solving of technical problems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience with mentoring and coaching
- Very good spoken and written English skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another engineering discipline
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver, SoapUI
- Experience of performance and load testing
- Experience of working with TDD/BDD