Blue Couch Digital is a global technical agency that delivers large and complex online solutions for top-tier clients. Our head office is in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, with software development groups in Timișoara, Romania and Belgrade, Serbia. We focus on all things web, with a preference for mobile, CMS-backed, localized solutions.
Our team is expanding rapidly. We have openings for all kinds of talented developers, testers, and project managers to help our team deliver complex online solutions such as mobile and CMS implementations as well as custom software development. While we prefer that you have a background in programming or computer science, being open and willing to learn is also important. As web technologies are constantly changing, our team attitude is all about creating and sharing knowledge.
If you are smart, enjoy taking on challenges and working with cutting edge technology, then we would love to hear from you. We offer flexible working hours, challenging projects for major global clients, and competitive starting salaries with performance bonuses. We also offer a productive and fun working environment with free lunch daily, off-site team building events, attendance at conferences and training courses, and beer Fridays once a month.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our team in Timisoara or Belgrade. You will be part of Blue Couch Digital’s team developing software on a wide variety of projects. You will work under the guidance of a Back-end Technical Lead to:
- Build, expand and support our existing and new web applications and Web-services development
- Work with management, development leads, other developers and QA to prioritize needs, solve conflicts, develop content criteria and ultimately choose solutions which correlate best with our company’s end goal
- Contribute ideas for improving existing systems and for implementing new technologies into our software ecosystem
- Ensure success of projects by designing and implementing high quality technical solutions
- Be involved in all aspects of application development including analysis, design, development, testing, documentation and support
- Work directly with internal end users, exercising excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to present ideas and work through new designs using an interactive approach
- Solve issues independently, thus, strong analytical skills are essential for success
- Strong understanding of ASP.NET Web Forms and MVC development, C#, application architecture and object-oriented programming
- Experience building RESTful and SOAP Web Services using .Net or Java based technologies
- Proficient in use of TFS and/or GIT branching and merging
- Experience supporting multiple web browsers and use of native debugging tools
- Understanding of SOA and n-tier application architectures
- Experience with SQL 2005/2008, Stored Procedures, SQL Server Agent Jobs, Dynamic SQL
- Experience with core web technologies including XML, XHTML, Client Server-Side Scripting languages
- Experience using Report Generation tools such as SSRS, Crystal Reports, Telerik, etc.
- Very good spoken and written English skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies and iterative development
- Familiarity with TDD, Automated testing, performance testing
- Familiarity with NoSQL Databases
- Knowledge of other software architectures such as SOFEA etc.
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar area of study
- Understanding of Java web development, application architecture and object-oriented programming
- Experience with J2EE development and deep understanding of Java, Java EE, Servlets, JSP, Tag libraries and JSTL skills, combined with a solid understanding of Enterprise Java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate, Struts, etc
- Experience developing applications using the Apache Sling framework
- Working knowledge of application servers such as Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss